R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Good LiPo for racing?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Chris__RC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dennyboy424
It just does. Do you have a lipo charger? Id go with the trakpower if I were you because it gives you plenty of run time and punch. The orion gives you punch but not as much run time. For the extra $40 its worth the big dawg. The lipo will kill any Nimh batt including 4600's. They just got way more rip and punch. If you dont have a lipo cut off just make sure you dont run the car longer then 20 minutes and make sure its always charged. If you dont have a lipo charger and sack you mine as well just stick to Nimh for the time being.
Yes I have a lipo charger. A duratrax Onyx 230. I will get a lipo sack when I can afford it. I want to get a LVC just in case then when I get the money get a balancer.

Originally Posted by dennyboy424
Also you dont need a lipo balancer. IVe ran and charged my lipo over 20 times and there still completely balanced. My hobby shop said its really not needed. The cut off also doesn't need to be purchased just make sure you dont run the battery low. You can tell when it falls off. Just pull off the track and get it back on the charger. It will be twice as long as any nimh anyways!
I want to get a LVC just to be safe because I dont want my $120 investment to not charge anymore. I will get a balancer when I can afford it.

I also see that it says it will hold up for 100+ race cycles and 200+ practice cycles. I thought that lipo packs lasted more than nimh packs?