R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Jaco Rubber Tires
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 06:22 PM
RedRocketRacing
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
I guess it's a good thing you weren't racing TC's about 10 years ago then, as the hot tire back then was ProLine's S3's, which were 1-4 run tires AT BEST. IF your car was set up just right, then they'd work great the first run, & then get worse every subsequent run(like the rubber was hardening from the heat cycles), & by the end of the 4th run, they'd already dropped off considerably, & you'd be lucky if your car was drivable on them. And if your setup was off by much at ALL, they'd simply SHRED IN ONE RUN(I know because I did it a few times, very frustrating). Compared to that, today's tires are a GREAT value for the money(& even 10 years ago, we were paying upwards of $50 per set, had to buy everything seperately & mount them ourselves). I understand your frustration, but that's NO excuse to launch a tirade like you originally did. As some of the others said, if you have a beef, best thing to do is go to the source, CALL them, send a direct email, or if they're available, talk face to face. But I also see Darkseid's points, because I think there were some early teething problems, like brittle wheels, & the changes in air gap from one batch to another, but I think they've gotten them worked out pretty well, & the new ones sound like they're still getting better. But that doesn't mean they'll be the right tire EVERYWHERE, honestly I don't think that's possible, and if the tire a given event uses is not the best tire for the situation, the racers just have to deal with it, but at least it's the same for everyone. I know I for one can't WAIT to get my grubby little hands on some fresh greens to play with(just wondering when I'll be able to find some in stock?)....
Point taken. I have been racing for about 7 years and started with mounting Pits and Sorex's. Sometimes as a little guy your opinion doesn't matter unless you take extreme measures.

RedRocket