R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix TR
Thread: CEN Matrix TR
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
TRArena
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TripleX-JT
Interesting, I will try to screw them in and see what happens. Thanks for the input.
that is kinda strange.. i've used both CEN plastic cases (MX036 & MX212) before and they fit like a glove. This is the ring gear you're using yeah?...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2898

and malik, i agree with colin, use the cen blues.... altho, even tho the reds IMHO are a bit of a waste of space they should last a little longer than a practice session... it sounds more like a set up issue than just the shoes... i'd be checking the gear mesh and bell alignment for the following first -

1. you should be able to hold the spur gear and "jiggle" the bell about 0.5mm both ways (kinda sounds like rattle)
2. the bell gear and the spur gear should be parallel
3. you should be able to spin the bell freely with your fingers - if you have to loosen the clutch bell screw to do this then check your shimming between the flywheel collet and the rear clutch bearing and between the front bearing and the clutch nut.

if all else fails then my final check would be to try using one manufacturer's collet, flywheel, shoes, springs and bell.