R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Jaco Rubber Tires
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
or8ital
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
While I am not one for starting a flame about a manufacture but after this weekends Xray Challenge in Portland where we ran the Jaco Blues I am more than disappointed with these tires. Matter of fact I fell quite ripped off. These tires were such junk, they didn't even last for 5 minutes of a race. I know there were some people that got two runs out of there tires, but even that is unacceptable. Having to spend almost 30 bucks on a set of tires that you cannot run twice. That is shit. I am a Sorex guy, won't run anythiing else unless I have too, Never again will I buy these crappy tires again. If any of the other guys that were at this race see this they, they will most likely say the same.

They were so bad that after the first run where I was able to run as fast as the leaders, the tires fell off close to a second a lap on the second run, and the car was undrivable. I changed about 15 things to try to get more rear grip in my car and because the tire were so nothing worked. I couldn't do anything else to my car to try to make the back more locked down.

My opinion, Jaco should refund every participante of this race for his shitty tires.

RedRocket
I guess to each their own. Ive had a lot of problem with Sorex tires not lasting. The Jaco's seem to hold up well. They don't seem quite as fast but Jack has said he wanted a good spec tire not necessarily the best (fastest) tire.