R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Race Director/Track Owner info Wanted
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 09:04 PM
gubbs3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm not aware of any active threads that follow this type of discussion. There are some that try to identify why clubs fail but those tend to be more destructive than constructive.

In my opinion it doesn't take anything really special to run a club or racetrack. You do need to follow a few simple principles though, much the same as creating a mission statement for a business. Your racers are your customers, give them what they want and understand they are always right. Marketing and advertising are very important. The racers must know when the events are happening or else they cannot plan on attending them. My club had a race last year that was a special program that was on about its 4th year. Somewhere along the line the ball was dropped and even I (the guy who goes to all the races) didn't know the race was happening until 3 days before it.

I could go on for pages identifying what should and should not be done in order to give a club the best fighting chance it can have (that thanks goes to my countless management classes). My club's mission would go like this: Give the racers what they want, be the politician, promote a fun and organized race program.