R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho GX 15 Engine Problem
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 01:03 AM
bv1_power
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RadioOne
I took the whole engine apart and re-lubed it all up, seems like the piston movement inside is a lot smoother now,

Tried starting it up again checked that the sleeve was all aligned and whatnot, loosened the glowplug a little, installed igniter, sounds like fuel is being ignited but only ignites once, one time it did ignite twice (like a bur-bur noise) i guess the engine is just really new and needs to be really broken in, quite a bother to start though! i'll try again tomorrow

Thanks for your help its greatly appreciated!
Have you tried to prime it a bit more, as in give it more fuel? Not a real lot, perhaps just one more push on the primer, this is to see if it will run longer.
If you get a little more run time, it could be that it's too lean. You would have to turn the low idle needle anti-clock wise to richen it up a bit.
Only turn it a small amount at a time. Eventually you will reach a point where it is too rich, and if it does run, it will be spitting out oil and fuel at the exhaust. One thought came to mind, have you got the flywheel on the motor?
It won't run without it!!
Cheers