R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Larks
Tech Adept

Default Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired.

I don't speak up/out about products/support very often, and when I do 95% of the time it is to send praises about a company that I think deserves it. However, I have recently rejoined the hobby and tried a different brand. I recently purchased the Losi 8ight (kit) and 8ight-T (race-roller, it doesn't come in kit form). As for the overall product quality I would rate it pretty good, say 8.5 out of 10. I would like to describe the problems I do have.

The 8ight-T has been a good truck so far, my only complaints being how it was assembled from the factory. It seems they do not take the time to trim plastic parts, glue the tires well, or even fill the differentials entirely. That was not too much trouble to take care of.

The buggy kit seems to be a pretty good product as well. My only complaint here is that my set of Losi tires were so malformed from being torn from their molds (I am guessing) that they do not fit the wheels. There is physically no way to get those tires to seat properly because they are so oversize. I contacted Losi customer support, and this was where the real trouble started.

Losi must have the worst customer support I have found in the r/c industry. I am not saying there isn't worse out there, I just have been able to dodge them until this point. I have called for 2 weeks wanting to see if there is something I can do to make these tires work, or get replacements. If you call the racing support (which is recommended on these models) you simply get a voice mail that doesn't call you back. The other "Horizon support" line given for RTR models always is answered by a support person that tells you a handful of excuses. Excuses from, "every support personnel is in a meeting", "every support personnel is on the phone, let me take your number", to my favorite "let me transfer you to someone that can help you, click (disconnect)", which has happened 6 times. I have asked to hold for someone, and they said sure. I have held the line for over 70 minutes with no one to answer.

I have since purchased new wheels and tires for my 8ight (non Losi) and enjoyed them. However I will evaluate the support before I purchase anymore Losi products.

Update: Make sure to read the rest of the forum. Horizon has provided an excellent resolution. Go Horizon!

Last edited by Larks; 08-15-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Horizon has worked with me to resolve my issues.