R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Left front Tire wear
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
oxymoron
Suspended

Originally Posted by sachoppers
I Have a hot bodies truggy and buggy..both with rapid left front tire wear, center to inner tire wear.
There both set up about the same...-2.0 camber front and rear, +2.0 rear toe,-2.0 front toe..both front and rear arms lvl.
Any Ideas what i could set different.
to an extent I would surmise there is no utlimate setting for any particular car as each driver and their driving style and each track and its surface differs so much from one place to another. I've seen examples where two differnt guys with exactly the same set-up with exactly the same cars exactly the same tires running they same number of laps got entirely different tire wear. one was smooth and the other over agressive (i told the guy complaining about wearing out tires to inquire about "trigger finger" surgery).
also, one way or another most tracks have some sort of turn predomination - or that they're run in a counter clockwise direction, or have more lefthand turns than righthanders, or have all the highspeed corners that go in the same direction - that leads to wearing of tires on one side compared to the other.
but ultimately IMO it comes down to, in addition to avoiding excessive wheel spin and other bad driving habits, to hit a happy medium so as to acheive a set-up that performs the best and wears the tires evenly across the tire - and then to rotate tires to acheive even wear from side to side.