R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Another 1/10 indoor offroad track in SoCal!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:20 AM
sponsorthis
Tech Rookie

Arrow Wow guys the track isn't open yet and already getting such good comments and opinions

Hello everyone thanks for your comments and opinions. We looked at some promising property today in Anaheim and orange. Both were very good but the cities might become a problem. Anaheim wants a hearing on the business which could take between 4 to 8 months so that's a heck no. Orange was a little bit more lenient, there is property by the Duck's stadium that is available for lease but the locations weren't very large. Were looking at locations between 12000 to 16000 sqft. This way there will be adequate pit space for the WORLDS RACE we expect to hold in the next couple of years. Cerritos was really good and understanding with open minded people. Tomorrow we will be in Bellflower and Lakewood looking at some large commercial spaces available. My broker is awesome so she contacted Signal Hill about a couple commercial areas that are vacant which should be pretty interesting.

ONROAD - The track will have an indoor onroad carpet track. We will vacuum and maintain the track when needed even if it's every day. My idea was to replace the carpet every 3 to 6 months anyway. If a problem still occurs with dust and debris, we will easily remove the carpet and pour asphalt which should make everybody happier. If that doesn't work I will personally turn the track into more pit spaces and everybody can go race onroad in a parking lot while it's raining. I don't want to seem like a bad person but we haven't even started construction on our track yet. Let's have some trials and errors first before we get our panties in a bunch. I want to make everybody happy but that is really hard. In the beginning stages I know money will be spend on doing thing twice perhaps three times, but let’s iron out the bad thing and have a fun place to hang out and race. Were trying to build the best facility we can for all to enjoy and if thing don't work out we will change them.

Offroad - Does anybody know where I should buy dirt or what type of dirt you would like there? I spoke to a guy in Temecula and he said that a mixture of 65% clay and 35% sand and dirt would be sufficient enough for us. Let me know if you have somebody who sells dirt or know of a place. Our track will have eight foot lanes with lots of jumps. We don't want to make the track too challenging but also not to novice either. The drivers stand will be 15 feet tall which should make visibility easier and the marshals won’t be in the way as much. There are other ideas that we are working on that will announced soon.

How wide do you feel our pit table should be? How much room should there be between the pit tables? How long should each pit be? I don't like going to tracks where I feel I’m being pushed around or I don't have enough pit space to work on my car.

After reviewing everybody’s comments I would like to say happily that the first week of practice and racing will be complimentary. This will be our unofficial opening weekend followed by a large two day offroad race three week later. This will be our opening weekend race one month after we opened the doors, with cash prizes for all class and other prizes that we will give away to our racers. (Some Hooters girls might stop by to say hi) Tell me what you think about it, when should we host a large onroad race? When should we start a series race for onroad and offroad? What brand of r/c cars would and parts would you like to see sold at the track from onroad to offroad. What candy, sodas, and chips do you want to see in the vending machines? How about a juke box. What type of music do you want to hear at the track?

Two things that we will not have are nets around the track and reserved pit spots. If someone wants to leave their carpet or things there overnight and will be there the next day we will allow it. There will be cameras there so feel safe with your stuff. I liked the ideas of nets from so cal but only when there were hugs super cross races. The track will be deep enough that cars aren't going to fly over.

People these are just a few things that I threw out there. There are hundreds if not thousands of other things I have in mind. My goal is by 2012 to have 4 to 6 local track open and not by me by other people. I like RB only want to make this hobby a better one and make it grow. People from San Diego shouldn't have to drive 1 hour to race their cars. If the demand is high and our track is doing well heck I will open a second track down south. We first need to create a blue print of this one.

And please no more bickering guys, let's all get together and make both these tracks really special. RB's place is already a well established track and it will remain that way. I will personally go there and race whenever I can which will be a lot due to the fact I enjoy this hobby more and more. I feel we need to help each other and if it takes it I have absolutely NO problem of hanging one of his ads on our website or track.