R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Buggy Driving Beginner Tips?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Akhor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cjtamu
Different jumps require different things depending on the size of the jump, where the landing area is, how much runup you have, etc. Most times I roll the throttle off and then on just before I leave the jump, but some jumps do better with a nice smooth acceleration into them. You can almost never hit a jump WOT b/c you'll end up compressing the suspension and usually slapping the rear of the chassis and going end over end. I usually try to get my car into the air and down onto the landing area as quickly as possible. Can't put any power down while you're in the air, and I can also control my car a lot better with the wheels on the ground.
I understand that no two jumps are alike, and the idea is to land fairly quickly after clearing the obsticle. However, which types of jumps would you use the different techniques and why would you choose that technique in that situation?

For example in our club we have a quick double double right after a corner. I've been trying to use technique #2 for the first double and technique #1 for the second portion. Why? Because I'm too slow for tecnique #2 twice in a row But it it was the right thing to do I would work on improving it.