R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is wrong with Ultimate hobbies???
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 01:17 AM
tom_chang79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well, one positive that came out from this Ultimate fiasco... Because of their snooty attitude, I'm discovering never-knew-it-existed-before hobby shops! I'm forced to look elsewhere for a hot item I need the day before I hit the track (so I can maintenance my car), and that's how I discovered great places like Rob's.

Tower Hobbies are awesome. Never had a problem with them at all. One time, I ordered about $1400 worth of servos (for my robot project) but I forgot to apply their special offer/promotion code in groups (i.e. save $25 on $250 order). So I forgot to save myself over $100 worth of savings. I called them up to cancel my order. No restocking fees, no B.S. They completely understood why I was cancelling and was very friendly.

Recently, I ordered some parts (this past Tuesday). Well, I received it Wednesday... Holy fast-delivery Batman!

I've been buying stuff from Tower Hobbies since 1990, and they have never disappointed me. I look forward to their catalog every year. It's a required reading on the *ahem* "morning throne."