R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Peak Performace from a .21
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 09:41 AM
clarksib
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobuster1
200 bucks for a speed isnt a bad deal..i just bought a used speed for 175 and the piston does have some burns on the top but its 5 gallons old but still has great pinch and the guy claimed it still runs awsome(i havent fired it yet)..if u have the motor start just by taking the head off and seeing what condition the pistons and sleeve are in...if it was me id try and talk the guy down a little bit from 200 just incase there is something you have to replace but you got to keep in consideration that this motor is 500 dollars new
Obviously these threads are never really going to change this guys mind about buying regardless of the numerous experiences everyone has had with used engines. I only post to refute the comment made above about it originally being a 500 dollar engine. The original cost should never come into consideration when buying anything that is put under the loads these engines are, not to mention the mistakes that can be made during that time.

As I said in a post above, if the guy you are purchasing this engine from is still racing and running a new engine, there was something about this engine he no longer liked. Just think about when you sell your rc stuff, you would never sell something you were 100% happy with.