R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 12:12 PM
serpentracer1
Tech Fanatic

Ok I need alittle help I need to know the formula to find the overall gear ratio for 1st and 2nd gear using the pulleys I have on the car Thanks

Ok I had a couple of things come up while I was building my car nothing new cause I found out the problems on the thread before I started building the car.

1-radio plate drove me crazy not lining up with the bulk heads tried everything in the world to get it to work but was coming up 2.5mm short on one shock side after hours of working with the problem (I didnt want to rework the holes in the plate if I didnt have to )I found the fix.Im lucky I have the orig.impulse spec car.so I knew the bulk heads are the same so I traded bulk heads from the old car to new and to my surprise it lined up with no problem.Damn I was lucky!!! The other thing Ive found is if you want to change the rear upright spacers Ive found 2 easy ways to do it .you can use the motor mount washers 2 0f them are 4mm and a bit or Ive raced losi offroad cars and have several extra shock pistons I opened the center hole up and 2 of them togathor are right around 4.4mm thought that I would share the info.