R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
nashrcracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oxymoron
while I'm not about to knock your own personal color choices, are you suggesting that a very BASIC three color fade paintjob is somehow original?
I'm afraid those are so easy any inexperienced 8-year-old can handle it, and look as if you put about as much time into it as I did making coffee this morning.
I never suggested it to be original but I have made it my own as I'll relate in this amusing antidote to the forum. A racer that saw a white yellow and blue fade at his local track and asked one of the guys that races on a national level if that nashrcracer guy was there. Well I wasn't, but the guy that painted a car up like my signature style (or lack there of) got ridiculed more so, for having the same paint as that nashrcracer guy. Yes it doesn’t take much to paint them and that is good as I go through them about once every 2 or 3 months on the national level race schedule that I go through. I promised myself a worn body would not cause my failure at a national level race. I would let my driving do that for me. plus I would rather take time to take photos for www.rc50.com or work on my car then paint bodies