R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Midwest Series '08' 39th year!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 PM
duneland
Tech Elite

Glad the newcomers like the experience! Thank you all for comming out to the Racine leg of the series! A big thanks to the Racine club for all their hard work in setting up and prepairing for the race. It was good to see all the Leisure Hours regulars at the race. This is the first time I can remember, that the touring cars outnumbered the 1/8 scales! I know that is common at many club races, but for MWS, it is not. We would have had 4 or 5 more 1/8s, had Dennis Young not had 'transportation' issues!
We were greeted Sat. morning with (surprise!)--rain..
The worker-bees started drying the track, which naturaly, spurred another batch of precipitation. The drizzle finally stopped and allowed us to get a couple rounds of quals in.
The last year has not been kind to the parkinglot that we used. Besides the freezing/thawing, we had semi-trailers parked there for a bit. The result was a very bumpy track!
This was the last race for this location! The club has a new site selected for future events, with a very good surface. I'll save some of the details for the race report, but all in all, we had a good weekend, with great weather on Sunday. 4 rounds of quals total, and 1/2 hour mains for all!