R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 01:54 PM
tex1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up No problem.....

Originally Posted by mr. losi
you must know more about the clutch than all the guys i have seen run them.....(2 70 off losi drivers).....the stock shoes last forever, i see no reason to change.....but i also have no reason to change my gearing or move my front arms......
I never said I knew more than them. The fact is the Dynamite shoes are lighter and they do not last as long as the Losi long wears. Being lighter and a less dense material, they can use a lighter spring to hit at the same RPM. Just trying to help a guy out.

You see no reason to change because you have not seen a car work in a manner that you thought was superior to yours and then wonder why. I am always looking for what makes these cars tick. Several new cars have come out that up the mark in certain performance areas. After investigating why, I have an informed reason as to why I think the Losi has areas of improvment that can be acheived. Its all for the better.

I have not gotten those pictures in low-res yet. A guy showed me how to do it this week.

TEX