R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Korey Harbke
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmaay
I'm new to sedan racing, and mainly race indoor on carpet (rubber tires, 13.5brushless, tight technical track with med to high grip) . Does anyone have any tips on how to get this car tuned in to the track, gearing, some must have hop-ups, or any other advise (besides practice)?
thanks!
Since you are running rubber tires on carpet, this car will do very well in it's stock form. The kit setup shouldn't be too bad either for just a starter setup. There are a lot of things you can play around with the car out of the box.

The only things right off the bat I would say for high grip carpet is to maybe get a few extra toe blocks so you can reduce the amount of rear toe. a 2.5 and a 2 deg block should do you well. There are also a ton of things you can adjust just by using different thicknesses of shims in certain places (camber link angle, roll center, and wheelbase), and maybe get some different sways and springs to play with. It's just all general tuning stuff.

But honestly, I would try the car as is and make changes from there. If you have any other questions about the car, feel free to ask.

-Korey