R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 01:03 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robert_K
The shocks where a compleet nightmare. When you build them the bladders seem to be to big, and the shock has a lot of rebound. When you try to leave some oil out of the shock the shock cap lifts up the bladder and gets some air in the shock. After 3 days fighting with them and asking other people the were good enough. Not that much rebound, and no air. But 2 shock's didnt feel so good when going in the house.

I tried to drive with the shocks, but the car was a compleet mess. no stability at all. Also after one round driving three of the shocks where leaking like sh*t... I Changed the shocks for my TC5 shocks and the car was SuperB.

When you look at the manual there is no difference in the numbers of the TC5 - TC5R Shocks. So they should be the same. But mine are not!

I Think, like I said, that the bladders are wrong. the seem to be to big, and won't fit the shock housing.

Did one of you guys had this problem to? Does Associated know this? Did Associated made a mistake with the bladders?

Greetings Robert
My shocks from the TC5R actually went together better than my standard kit. I don't use any of the foam rebound spacers.