R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 10:14 AM
wagnerov
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think the argument was that Hara had no proof that he had been "living" in the U.S. for six months. Maybe he pulled out a visa or something. The other side's argument was that he had been a ROAR member for almost a year, since Cleveland last year. By that token, I guess Spashett, Salven, Picco, Osaka, and others would have been legal to race as well, which IMO should not happen in a _National_ championship (a rule's a rule, they nitpicked about everything else last weekend!). Proof must have been provided, otherwise I am sure he wouldn't have been allowed to race. I hope ROAR explains their decision soon. The rule was created to avoid situations like this, after a national event many years ago created controversy in the same fashion.

But anyway, the best driver definitely won the race. He put on a clinic that put the experienced gas folk to shame. Except at the start...but that wasn't really his fault. Absolutely incredible lines, and I think he turned the fastest lap of the weekend during the A. Does it make me want an HPI? Not really. He made the Pro 3 look good too, and we know how much of a camel that car is.