R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Competitive 17.5 in a 2wd buggy? Soon...very soon.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Turbo Joe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

"clear" isn't really clear. It's what the stock AE or Kyosho or Losi parts are. I think the Losi discs I have were left in longer, so they're darker. They may even be "hard", which is a little darker.

Honestly...it is really more a mental thing. The lower wind motors are really pretty mild...and the cars aren't THAT hooked up...and anyone wanting to wring some max power out of a 17.5 isn't a basher by any means. I'm no pro, and the people I've had test them on the Kyoshos aren't either (by any means ) and nobody has had a hint of a problem.

If anything, you'd probably blow a spur. The prototypes were made by hand and they aren't exactly perfect...so the lash is really loose on one side and nobody has even hurt a spur with loose lash. The production parts are all CNC machined and they're much nicer, so you can tighten up the lash more.

Originally Posted by jla8874
I get your points(the maker of these) about being able to use smaller spurs and most people running their slippers completely locked down anyway in 17.5 in 13.5, but... and maybe its just me and maybe its just a mental thing, but even you were running your slipper tightened all the way down you kinda think in a worst case scenario that if the slipper had to slip that it still could a little bit. I think the being able to use smaller spurs part is great, I just dont know how comfortable I am about running no slipper at all?
I'm still probably going to try a couple out though. When you said you were thinking of anodizing the Losi ones clear, so you're saying they would be raw metal color? I think for the Losi ones the best look would be the color of the CR metal. Something in between titanium and copper if that makes sense?