R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Herminator
Tech Elite

If you're racing stock I'd get the alloy shaft holders like RBF said, they work an awful lot better than the plastic kit items, they really should come as standard.

I've been using Kimbrough spurs until now and they are very good, last one lasted for about 8 race meetings, I finaly replaced it since it was just looking rough all over, no really bad teeth though, before that spurs weren't lasting nearly as long because I didn't have alloy holders front and rear. I just got a couple new spurs and they are Robinson Racing ones, they looks very good too, posibly slightly better than Kimbrough, mainly because you can use four screws to mount them, lessening the chances of warping, and they should be a little lighter since they have more material removed. There is a big downer to them though for me, they cost a fortune £6 for one spur is just silly, Kimbrough ones are a little over £4, I think I'll have to find a different source for them if I want any more. I should be trying some different spurs in a few weeks, I hope, they will be light, precision machined and fairly unique

Racing night tomorrow, we seem to have found a good track layout and are sticking to it so it's good to be able to tune the car more each week for the one layout. I'm finding that further out shock poisitions seem to work well, like RBF's no sway bar setup for Socal, moving the front top links out one for this week, to try and get the front to turn in better at high speed, my high speed servo would help that if I could use it but I'm still stuck with an el cheapo thing