R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Please help by suggesting a platform for 1/8 BL project.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Paul Whalen
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default Please help by suggesting a platform for 1/8 BL project.

Well as the title states I am starting a new project, 1/8 Buggy BL lipo or a123 batteries. I was going to buy the Monster max for the esc, and already have a spektrum radio/rec for it.

My question is what platform to use. I want something very strong and durable. I have seen some pretty impressive conversions on the Hyper 7 and I can get one pretty cheap on ebay for a roller. To be honest I know NOTHING about 1/8 scale and I am worried about part support on such a old buggy or are they interchangeable with the hyper 8. Or should I just buy the hyper 8 pro. I have only been looking at these because people have posted that they are "like tanks." I know you guys know your stuff on the 1/8 scale so I am open to suggestions on all buggies. I currently run 1/10 with BL lipo and break stuff all the time. I am looking for something that has a drive train that will hold up and parts that are known for being sturdy.

Thanks for the help guys. Oh yea strictly for play...there are no tracks around me anymore.
Paul