R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 08:55 AM
puma1824
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastharry
off the Mugen bandwagon already?....

How'd you like the car?....Compared to the tc3?....Driving wise?...

I think the Mugens a nice car,butI havent seen anything corner like a tc3..

I'm not even sure why I bought an r40..I don't expect it to be faster....I just figured,since I used to bust HPI for not having a pro car,I should try it..

I'm gonna build it short wheelbase..The car uses sstd offeset wheels.,.
I'm not completely off the Mugen thing...I actually liked it a little better than my NTC3...BUT parts support really sucked for me for the Mugen. I just finished a new shell for my Mugen which may end up looking pretty in a corner depending on how I like the R40. I purchased the R40 for 2 reasons. 1. Parts support should be great and 2. I actually like belt cars slightly better (call me crazy).

One major complaint I had with belts was the time it took for me to replace one once I needed to change. In the Mugen I had to strip down a lot of parts to change the belts. Yet another compaint was my tendency to loose a front dogbone in the corners. I never ended up purchasing universals (maybe that would of helped) but I would rather loose a cheap dogbone than replace a broken universal.

If I end up liking the R40...most likely I'll try and sell the Mugen. The mugen was great. I "think" I was a lttile faster with the Mugen than the NTC3.

As for now all cars are staying. The only car I sold and lost a ton of money on was the RS4 3 SS.

So I guess you'll run HPI bodies with the shorter wheelbase? I was also considering the shorter one because my track I run on is very tight and I "think" it should be quicker in the tight corners.

Later,
Puma