R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 07-15-2008, 01:42 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Boomer-Thanks for the post.

Those heim joints worked well last race. Those three stiffening links added only .7 ounces to the car. I had removed 1.6 ounces. It is certainly a lot stiffer than before for the reason you mentioned. The middle of the chassis does not sag now on the battery side and rub the track (cutting my battery tape). I am 1.1 ounce overweight now. I am hoping my lap times will improve on a high grip surface. I'll find out tomorrow if the weather cooperates. A short test on my concrete driveway showed promise. I put a drop of glue on each ball after I set the car up to be flat. This will prevent tweak from small movements.

It was nice to make the chassis perfectly flat while loaded with the adjustability you mentioned.

Pic shows a small graphite plate that increases the strength of the rearward mounting screw location. The first time I mounted the left side link I had trouble here. There is a long post forward under the graphite plate, but only a short post rearward under that little plate. The screws attach to a tapered G10 frame rail. I added a similar graphite piece to the other side of the car after the pic was taken.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Side Brace for Stiffening links.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	353179  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 07-16-2008 at 11:06 AM.