R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advise for semi-newbie
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 04:28 PM
yzracer758
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riene5
Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to head down to the local track this weekend (with any luck) and see what people are running. Got to check out a few more stores too to see about prices / parts availability.

Two of my local shops have the B44 kit so I guess parts should be fairly easy to come by. I like the look of the car, but I guess that should have little bareing on my final choice.

What are people's (from Aus) experience with ordering from O/S? Just talking to a friend at work and he suggested to order from the US - the $AU is quite good at the moment...

Now I just have figure out what radio / charger / batteries ect to get.
Does this forum have a comparison section (or wiki) on suggested purchases for different levels of drivers?

I used the search function but it seems to return alot of threads that seem unrelated to my search criteria. Never the less - great site with heaps of good info.

Alot depends on your budget. As far as a charger, you should get one that will charge Lipo's and regular NiMh. That way no matter which type of bateries you run your going to be set. As far as batteries, Lipo's are the new industry standard, a bit more $, but well worth it.(I would look at either Maxamps or Orion's) For a radio, a nice solid relatively inexpensive unit is the Sprektrum DX2, it should be able to do everything you need from a radio.

Spending a bit more on quality electronics are well worth it!