R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Elings Park Inter... Santa Barbara, Ca
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:52 PM
billdapart
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default ok

Just thought I'd chime in a bit. My name is Bill, you may have seen me at the track over the last couple months driving a red toyota pickup, talking with Levi, or running a T4 and electric 1/8 buggy. After a long hiatus from the hobby I came out one day to see that there was a new track layout. This got me excited and I started checking in a little more to see the haps. As I did, I witnessed the great recent additions to the track such as the driver's stand and raised pit table. This got me even more excited and I paid a small fee to SBRCCA so I could come out and practice a bit and do a bit of racing. I've had a TON of fun at the track so far, but have not been able to race due to low turnout days. I've also tried to come out and catch the T4 challenge a couple times since it's inception. I figure I have my own T4 and it would just be awesome to come out and run it against as many as 25 more. The way I see it now, EPIR is the new managers of the track. SBRCCA has first crack at race day rentals and beyond that, as Zimmerman said, it is open to anyone to rent out. I just want to make sure, but if I pay my 65.00 to EPIR, how long does this permit to run on the track and when am I allowed to run? Will I not be able to practice on days some club rents out the track without also paying the club? Also, I think an SBRCCA meeting is an absolutely fabulous idea. I joining of club members at an outside meeting place (let's all grab a bite at Carrow's in Goleta or something) would be great. It would be even more so if we could have a meeting with the club members/board AND the board of EPIR. I completely agree with EPIR's statements about aligning our interests. I believe you are completely on the right track trying to fill the need of aligning our interests with the park, but I wonder if some simple steps could be taken to help align interests with all the racers/club members who will be regulars at the new track.
I no longer drive the pickup, but I have a VW convertible that I will be tooling around in and I'm going to try to make it out to the track in the next few days to see if I can meet anyone out there to say hey and possibly race my buggy on Saturday. That's all from me and thanks to everyone who is interested in keeping R/C alive in SB.