R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - thinking about getting into electrics.
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 PM
buds302
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default thinking about getting into electrics.

ok where im moving to they dont have an off road nitro track. they do have a bunch of indoor on road tracks. im thinking of getting into it. but what should i get?

im trying to find something thats cost effective... meaning if i hit a wall...it wont cost too much to repair. also ill probably start out with a brushed motor and move onto brushless and lipos. if i do.. which would be the best car to start out with that i can hang onto for a while? and what has the best support/parts availability? i only know nitro 1/8 scale buggies. i have a hyper7 right now. i dont want to give it up but it looks as though i might have to. i have a radio to use. ive got a DX3 so i guess ill be ok with that? ive never owned anything electric past an Xmod car. i still got it! lol i might bust it out and mess with it. but it doesnt compare to the buggy by no means. i know of most the manufactuers of cars. tamiya and hpi and accosiated. and what not. just dont know where or what to get. im not in any hurry.. im just curious