R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 05:00 AM
IMPACTPLAYR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default The problem with discusing droop

Well the problem with discussing droop is half the world sees it one way and the other half sees it the other......
Basically droop is uptravel..... well when you discuss it as up travel 1mm of uptravel is higher on your "droop guage" however it is LESS uptravel than 2mm of uptravel which would be what you get when you unscrew the "droop" screws......

Now since Hudy brought out that first god forsaken guage MORE "droop" is higher on the guage by screwing the "droop" screw in, which is actually LESS uptravel ........

So sometimes you have intelligent people who actually think for themselves and don't listen to what Mario Huddy tells them and call a spade a spade...... Less "droop" should be called as such when you limit uptravel.... But I regress.... since the other half of the world actually have a use for those crappy plastic guages I will continue to not be able to acurately share my set-ups with the world....HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That's why I always speak of "droop" as uptravel, and also measure it as such settings are also much easier to convert for different tire diameters when measured as such....