R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 01:07 AM
Maj. Teeth
Tech Master

Originally posted by rc-zombies
the 1mm spacer is the one sandwich between the O-rings... I think I found the culprit...yes its the first plastic part that shows. It was not pushed out all the way. and was at an angle making it tight.... now all 4 are a little smoother. Still not as smooth as Yokomo shocks... I think I'll swap out the clear O-ring and replace them with Rayspeed yellow O-rings... which were silky smooth on my SD. Yea... bleeding the shocks is a pain... I'm going to go with the New Yok caps and RaySpeed bladders.

would like to see Dave's shock photos... that would be helpful...and there's too many pages to search for it..
Ramon,

What I did was built the shocks before anything else and I fill the bodies upside down and then place the bottoms on. Let it sit overnight without bleeding, then in the moring, bled the oils while pushing the shaft in slowly and all the way, then tighten the bleed screw. Works great! and all compress the same length and action with a slight 2mm rebound only. Its a lot easier then the XRAY shocks honest.

Dan