R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Would the OS turbo have enough HP for a heavy car(like the hpi r40?)
Old 08-07-2003, 07:42 PM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMGRacer
On a 250 x 200 track you are gonna struggle to be at the pointy end against Novas (especially the new NS12) since they have way more top end and RPM and on a track that big you spend a lot of time up in those RPMs. So yeah OS would not be my first choice. Will it work, with the right gearing sure it will, but dont expect to blow by Novas.

As for the RBs dunno what the probs you are having man. I know you are running the NTC3 and a mod X12 + NTC3 took Pavadis to a good win so the combo works well. You run a centax? Tuning novas without a stiff clutch is a PITA. Is it hot there? Running some extra head shims loses you some power but makes them idle a little easier. Similarly use a hot plug, a #5 or even an OS #8 (yeah I know they are short) to keep em idling.

I run a Rody 3 port with a #7 plug and .2mm extra head shim on our large track sometimes in 30+ degree heat with the centax cranked fully down and they rock.
I'll try teh head shim..They actually run fine....but you cant idle them for more them 5 second..you take off,they die...

then they start cutting out sometimes...

I might try an OS carb converesion also...

Pavidis ran a PICCO at teh worlds..

Both my engines are turbos......I've run them in other cars also...and my freinds run thm in serpents..some centax,some 2 shoe..

Both my tc3s have HD clutches....

I've been using the platinum RB plugs..in #6..hottest available..