R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - porting for a picco .28??
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 04:24 PM
PowerHouse
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Oh German Muscle my son, you still have much to learn in this young world. I'm glad you caught my spelling error. I see you have attention to detail and I actually do know how to spell atomized, I was just typing fast and not really paying as much attention.

Heres the thing, I'm not here to bash anyone, not trying to prove anyone wrong or get into verbal fights about who knows who and who knows what. All I am doing is giving our fellow racers another angle of approach from someone with a different background and thats it. People are asking for help and/or information on different things and I am simply giving them something else to look at. I like to think outside the box and do just that and I don't care if you think my ideas are stupid or don't work or whatever. I understand you are Adams friend and his camera man from time to time and I expect you to back his work just as my locals back mine but there is no need to bash someone else's ideas and work based on your theories or opinions.

I have not had one single engine failure that was a direct cause of the turboed crank and I have some news for you. The motors are actually smoother than stock because I move the rotational mass inward and relieve the stress off the bearing quite considerably. Most of the turboed cranks I have done for locals have run over 12 gallons and not even the rod was replaced. I am going off of what my local customers tell me and they are pretty stand up guys so I believe them when they tell me. I had a Picco P3-28 go 9 gallons not needing a thing so your assumptions have been proved wrong up to this point in time. Many things in this world are cross engineered and the dynamics and physics do not change so your theory of not being able to incorperate outside data into building a little engine has again been proved wrong.

There are approximately 8-10 modders that I know of and each one has their own theories and ideas and the people who agree with their ideas will purchase that service. Thats how everyone gets a piece of the business pie and not everyone will agree on my ideas and not everyone will agree on Adam's or your ideas. I will just continue to do what I have done from the beginning and let my motors do the talking.

If you have anymore to say about my work, PM me and we can discuss it there