R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - porting for a picco .28??
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 AM
German Muscle
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
i think what some people are trying to say here is that you can do a lot of R&D on these motors but when it really comes down to it it all come from just out right doing it. now when i was talking about my guy rifling the crank... he was telling me that if you do this that when the fuel is rotating in the crank that the fuel will stay addimized in the center of the crank and it will have a faster chance of reaching the chamber then if it wasnt rifled. it all just goes back to trying it and seeing for yourself if it works. the guy i have been talking to has been in the military and awhile and has learned alot about helicopter engines and has applied what he knows about them into these motors. with the rifling in there im not losing anything from it.

Granted when you put a ported motor up to a dyno you will get some readings but what happens when you put the complete oposite motor or smaller or bigger motor on it witht he same mods? you will get a completly different number. yes it will be hard to show were your improvement came from but you know what you did gave it some improvement.

just alittle helpful tip that you guys can take or not is look at this web site and read about all his different port jobs he offers.

powerhouseperformance.com

Good luck just somethings that have been pasted to me for me to understand how this stuff works alot better.
Taking jet turbine and fire arm technologies and applying them to a carburated single cylinder 2 stroke engine that runs on nitromethane and methonol is like comparing apples to oranges.

Rifling the crank will not do anything IMO but that's my outlook on it from observing what works and what doesn't work inside these engines. And cutting the bottom edge of the counter balance will just throw it out of whack and do more harm then good as it will in fact make it vibrate alot more and then your looking at premature engine wear and possible failure. None of this has been on a standardized dyno such as the X-Dyno though so its just theoretical fluid dynamics and engineering.

BTW Can you clarify what you mean when you referred to dynoing engines because it didn't make much sense to me. But if you ment it how I read then its this simple... You don't do the exact same thing to say a on road JLR .12 as you would a Vspec off road .21 engine. So there is apples to oranges comparison again. You look at what your working with an improve that engine using the knowledge you have learned over the many years of R&D with THESE engines not turbine engines, multi cylinder car engines or snowmobile engines etc.

And Addimized is spelled atomized. Not trying to be rude just helping with a little correction.