R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 07-06-2008, 10:02 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks Mike

Expresso1967- I like Jack the Gripper by Corally. I have tried suntan lotion on top of this and on top of paragon Traction Action. I have not noticed an improvement over using the Jack the Gripper by itself. I therefore don't like using the Suntan lotion which smells up my kit. The jack the gripper is mostly oderless and does not bother me too much outdoors.

Those little set screws that hold the kingpins on CRC Pro strut front end need some blue loctite applied. Otherwise they loosen up and eventually fall out on the track. Order some spares. A steel set screw will work fine in an emergency. When the pin unthreads a turn or two it does rub on the inside the rim. The threads weaken the pin a bit also so sometimes they bend in a crash. Have some spares available. I'll add these brass setscrews to the above list.

if your wheelnuts are too tight you create a side load which makes them turn slowly as well.

A backpack sprayer costs about $80. I bought one to sugar the track during my practice. For a group of five people it might be worth splitting one.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 07-06-2008 at 10:47 PM.