R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 SA EP On-Road State Titles
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Swanny
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, what a weekend! Glad it's out the way. Saturday was so busy for me.

A big thankyou to the interstate drivers that made the trip across and gave the local lads a run for their money. Hope to see you back again for the next big meet we have.

Thanks to the other 12th scale drivers for putting up with my somewhat dodgy at times driving, but I managed to get the car sorted in the end and was doing some half decent laps. I don't know what all the fuss was about in the second final - I could have kept going.

Thanks to everyone that helped out, especially to my wife for keeping everyone fed and watered. A special mention to Meredith Masterman from Victoria for giving her a hand. I think Penny Miller might also have helped, so thank you to her too. Thanks to Ross Piro for cooking the BBQ on Saturday evening.

To the tireless efforts of the lap counters, scrutineers, race referees and race director, thankyou as well. They're not the most popular of jobs and sometimes difficult too as they have to interpret and apply the rules that we run to. I know some people fell foul of the rules, but I'm hoping it doesn't put you off returning. If it is felt changes to the rules should be made, there is a process that can be followed for that to be done.

Last but not least, the biggest thankyou should go to the event sponsors HEI International through the supply of the control tyre for the event in a time of supply difficulties and availability problems. Out of the 100 or so sets that were bought or issued, there were only manufacturing problems with three tyre and wheel assemblies (3 out of over 400 tyres is a pretty good strike rate I think). HEI International also donated the prizes for the raffles. I'm not sure how much money was raised from raffle ticket sales, but thankyou to everyone that entered, especially mcskoda who walked away with two of the three major prizes after buying way more tickets than most.

There may be other people I've forgotten, if I remember I'll add them in (I've already made one edit to this post).

From memory, the class winners were:
James Ainslie in 27 Turn
Daly May in 19 Turn
Steven Jovanovic in Modified
Justin Summerill in 12th Scale

Good to see only one title going interstate.

When the full results go up on the website, I'll let you know.

Last edited by Swanny; 07-06-2008 at 07:18 PM.