R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 07:29 PM
TwoTone
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

After recently getting back into RC through the Slash I bought my son, I'd like to say it's nice to read about this class taking off after being out of the hobby for so long.

I used to race at 'The Track' here in MD and there were a lot of good sponsored racers there, such as Andrew Grey.

Those guys had the money and the time. I remember them turning armatures on the lathes every race, dynoing motors etc... It was just too hard to keep up, even if I could have gotten my driving skill up close to theirs, there was just too much more to it than just skill.

Not saying I could ever compete with their driving skill, but it would have been nice to have to compete with only the skill and much less on setup, and money thrown into the car.

‘The Track’ also had a F1 class that had a club motor that leveled out the field really well. Even some of the guys that smoked me in 4wd sedan, I kept up with and beat on occasion.

This new class and the new 1/18th class having me seriously looking at coming back knowing that it’s more about skill and fun, then money.