R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Brian Bosley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradley70
Brian,

Thank you very much for all the info. Yes I run the EVO WC Team Edition car.
Had a few other quick questions.

1. Rear Shock position?
2. Track width front and rear
3. Rear diff oil?
4. Down stop front and rear?

Thanks again,

Brad
Important things to know, you are truly looking for a proper setup so it's probably best that I explain why some of these things are the way they are.

Rear shock position to me, just changes how stiff the shock feels. I run in the 3rd hole from the outside most of the time. lower can make the spring feel heavier. I always run the front shock on the outside hole.

Track width, I always run 199 rear because every tech box is different especially when you start running 3+ degrees of toe-in. 197 front, you can go to 198 or 199 and it will in simple terms take away steering the wider you go.

Rear diff oil, I usually run on high traction so I had 50,000 in at the time but I could have gone faster using 20,000 or maybe even 10,000. To run thicker oil you just have to be more gentle on the throttle on corner exits but it allows you to put down power when it is possible.

Downstops, I don't have a way of measuring this that would be common to what you use because I adjust them by feel. Usually from ride height, with everything attached the chassis will raise about 2mm front and rear before hitting the stops if you lift it in the middle. Using more droop in general will allow the car to roll more and use the springs and oil to control the speed of the roll instead of abrupt stops which will create more traction until you get over the amount of camber in your car. Your tires may wear flat, but some hard corners may produce positive camber with too much roll so you need them eventually.