R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Noise levels
Thread: Noise levels
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 08:19 AM
rocket-mtrsprts
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not at all saying it's how I think it should be, I'm saying that is how it is ~ and I would think someone from Lauderdale would be aware of such things, but maybe you're not a homeowner or just need to do some studying up on your local ordinances and how they apply to you.

The truth of the matter is that you're comparing apples and oranges, and honestly you're making a mistake if you're trying to compare a lawn mower to a noisy RC car. One is a neccessity in keeping up your yard so it doesn't become overgrown and an eyesore, which many places also have laws regulating that as well, and the other isn't a neccessity at all but actually something used for personal enjoyment. The fact that your noisy personal enjoyment infringes on someone else's enjoyment of some expectation of peace and quiet is what leaves you caught out relative to what's lawfull and what's not. You can go ahead and battle it all you want, but you'll still be the one paying the fine because the laws have already been battled in court and their legality upheld.
So if you don't mind ticking off your neighbors and potentially getting levied with fines and penalties with go ahead and keep on doing what you're doing.

My theory always has been that we'd have fewer laws and less legislation, and we'd all get along much better as a society, if not for those that insist on doing something against all sense of decency and common sense.