Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:28 AM
kavadni
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
I am stuck between the TA-05 and TT-01
Mooshu, I have gone through this dilemna. Although I don't drift. I race carpet and asphalt.

I started with a TT-01D then ball bearing alu steering, carbon stiffener, TRF shocks, sway bars, 3Racing shock tower stiffeners, 3Racing aluminium front uprights, universals and ball diffs, 6mm Aluminium hex hubs, Tobee craft propeller joints, Square front suspension balls, titanium and aluminium screws.

With this TT-01 I managed to win a leg of B grade 27T stock, beating a variety of more expensive cars including TA05s at our carpet club.

Now I drive a TA05MS, in tuneability terms the MS has more shock mounting points, there are no other adjustments that I can think of. A standard TA05 needs the lightweight steering option, sway bars, TRF shocks, and carbon shock towers to give the same tuneability. [Except the MS comes with a front one way .. so in my case I bought a 2nd diff].

I think that the TA05 is a better buy and a better car for Touring:
There is no removal and stripping of screw holes to work on the motor and gearing.
Both cars have their unique frustrations when accessing the diffs.
The TA05 is lighter.

Which is better for Drifting I am not sure:
I feel the TT-01 drive train is both more robust and better protected.
The weight will not make a difference for drifting.

In terms of motor position, I think that the mid position of the 05 would enable for easier tuning in both Touring and Drifting situations. I prefer it.

I am buiilding my TT01 as described above, into a drifter. I just found the original TT-01 esc, so it's getting closer.

My advice is get the TT-01, the TRF shocks are worth most of the $100 you will pay, and you already have spares. If you decide later you want a TA05 you already have TRF shocks, probably the most important upgrade to a TA05, and you'll have a car for the girlfriend or buddy.

Cheers

Kevin

I forgot to mention that on TA05 cars you can adjust squat, dive and castor. I have not seen a mechanism for this on a TT-01. Although 3Racing adjustable uppers provide for castor.

Last edited by kavadni; 07-05-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Also