Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Sp Racer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Great to see you guys having success with teh RS
Especially seeing you guys come from running other top brands.
Cool to see dennis Storti back running a TM

Ill stick out teh year with my G4S and look at the new RS or what ever is available then.

On the heat/RX issue mentioned, to date i have had no issues and i have been running my Spektrum reciever with out a balloon.
Cant see heat being a issue.
Would recommend you guys go the lipo rx batt route, it makes a noticeable difference especially in a long main.
Im using a 800mah lipo from a Walkera helicopter and comfortably can run 45 mins so a larger pack would have a margin of safety and consistent performance.

Maybe the G4S chassis dissipates heat better around the receiver - we have 2 G4RS's and have been absolutely plagued by radio issues since we first put the cars on the track - we have had various servos, spektrum and normal receiver combinations to no avail....even tried a Lipo receiver pack at one stage thinking that was the problem..

Using a normal 40mhz receiver, every time the glow igniter goes near the engine the steering and throttle servos go crazy - tried different radios, receivers, antenna routing, antenna posts etc etc...

Just when we think we have it sorted out, it rears it's nasty head again - last weekend before my final,(after being glitch free for 3 club days in a row) with the engine running I would pull full throttle and the servo would stay this way for up to 5 seconds after I took my finger off the trigger, lucky I still had the car on the starter box....( my son's car would do almost the same thing once the engine reached high rpm's )

I ended up switching over to 2 different spektrum receivers that had not been in these cars.
We managed to run the final glitch free, however I am confident in saying that it's almost a certainty that this will happen to us again, these will be receivers number 5 and 6, 1 thru 4 have done the very same.

It's almost like the receiver loses power when the engine hits high rpm, and then takes a moment to reset and regain control of the servos.

Another racer that uses the RS down here has fitted the spektrum mini receiver and has not had any problems - his is mounted under the transponder away from the engine.

I have ordered 2 X KO 2.4Ghz module and receivers and I will be mounting the receiver up the front where the transponder sits..

Perhaps the RS chassis needs a slot under the receiver for cooling?