R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 05:54 PM
squarehead
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
Anybody else having issues with the front splitter on the cuda and camaro bodies. Mine has gotten so flimsy that it drops and drags. Is it withing the rules to cut it off or is that part of the "cut along the body line" rule
It's within the rules as long as it doesn't completely change the look of the front end. In the case of the HPI bodies, most of the front spoiler areas are in need of a little help. Newer bodies I have seen are a LOT thicker up front, so at least it appears as though HPI is aware of the issues.

Here's a good example of how to help the 'Cuda...

Another tip if you don't want to use the ShoeGoo trick is to cut the corner inside the spoiler with a little curve inside, instead of a square edge. The square cut will rip EVERY time, while a rounded corner has much less stress on it...

Both versions are mine, and both survived a lot of front impact. Leaving a little meat on the corner certainly helps, no matter how much is left there.

Originally Posted by lewis2000
hi just wanted to know if any one is using a tt-01 in this class? i had a tt-01 and did my first vintage race last weekend. what a blast. but i had to run a six cell instead of a four cell. the gearing is way off. does any one know what kind of gearing i need to run ? thanks jay
You probably won't have much gearing help with your setup, as no one uses a 6-cell in this class. It's a 4-cell class only, otherwise you are using 21.5 brushless motors. I'd think as long as you can gear the car so your speeds are close to the other cars, you should be fine to get yourself up to speed in the class, before you decide what power choice you want to run in it.

-doug