R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Grenade10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Ok, I'm going to be more specific here, because the concept seems to be getting lost in translation somewhere.

If you have one or two guys who are a LOT faster than everyone else in a class, if you don't bring them back to the pack, the rest of the pack will leave and NOT come back. That's human nature. No one wants to go racing every week and know they have no chance to compete.

If you have different levels of drivers, and there is a disparaging difference between the fast and the slow, it's not the same thing. This is a class based on parity of speeds, for everyone. If the speeds of the cars are different, the point of the class is moot.

If you are comparing skills and talent to speeds of certain cars, you're not seeing the differences.

The object is not to penalize someone who has set up his car well and has driving ability, the object is to keep certain cars from getting to be faster than others in speed alone.
We have the one or two racers who will put 1-2 laps on the field, and have seen the class loose some of its participation. I know the guys in Montana have been adding weight, but what about a break out for number of laps. Our track has kept the same layout for the last several months. Before Racer-S showed up times were mid 10's then he jumped to the mid 9's and this past week made it in to the 8's. It's a small track, but I know how much work I went to, just to get into the mid 9's myself and I enjoy the wrench time, but I don't know many who will spend the same amount of time. I want more bench racin afterwards with a brew!!

Very good talk, and I'm looking forward to some dirrection.