R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 02:41 PM
TimV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Weight penalties are the easiest way to bring someone like that back into everyone else's pace, and still keep the racing quality high.
Unfortunatly, the weight does not really seem to have much of an effect until you get about 500 or more additional grams on the car. the first 200 grams actually make the car faster, because it stays more planted in the corners, and you can take them at a higher rate of speed. It sounds good in theory, but it has relatively no effect on a 27t brushed car. I would think it would have less effect on a brushless car.

At our track this past weekend, I Tq'd and won with 200g on my car, and second has around 400g on his car I believe. No one else racing had any additional weight. Most cars were pretty close in speed. It really came down to driving abilities, which is what a lot of people are looking for.

However, it is my experience that the class is the most fun when you come off the track, and you have wheel marks down both sides of the car, and you have been banging doors with your friends.