R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
nc-hopsing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STRINGCHEESE
Please allow me to ask you gentlemen this.

Why release a tuning aid to a "perfectly good" buggy?

Because it needed it.

Why was there no changes to the "other guys" cars in over three years?

Because they win.

Why wait buy a new under-developed RT5 when the "other guys" have tuning so dialed the kit settings are good enough to win the worlds?

Because it's new.

Why worry about a RT5 upgrade kit for $150 (50,100, then 150...progressive) a month after it's release?

Because I have more money then brains.

Also are the Kyosho cars better then the "other guys"?

No. Just more BS upgrades and immediate kit changes.

If the SP was so good a month ago why a new FS?

So it looks like an AE car.

Seems to me Kyosho just runs a car until the dies wear out in the factory.
Then they charge us more money to upgrade to pay for some new dies. Kyosho has had their last new purchase from this customer. I'll keep my RB5 and ZX-5 going, but will never buy another new kit.
Sorry to hear that you wont be buying another K-car. If you step back and take a look, the Kyosho electric team is relatively new and small. Mark Pavidis did alot of the 2wd testing on his own in the U.S during the initial development of the 2wd car. And Kyosho came out with it, it was a good car. With more drivers and more testing, a "better" combination of parts became available. Still not a necessity for the average club racer, but a worthwhile improvement for the serious racer.

Associated wins alot of races with their drivers.......it doesnt mean that there cars couldnt use some new development (their parts wear out horribly fast) I know people that wish that the B4 was "easier" to drive. Just because Tebo and Cav can win with it, doesnt mean that the car is a winner for everyone.

Kyosho is striving to develope cars that anyone can win with. Cars that are fast AND easy to drive as well as durable and long lasting.

The RT5 could have been released after the Cactus in March and it would have been a good truck. At the Shootout this past weekend, the truck was even better. And with more testing it will be even better, and when its released it will be an awesome truck! It will be worth the wait.