R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mamba Max or Sidewinder?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 08:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
I just wanted to follow up on my Sidewinder 4600. It was easy to install in my 4wd byggy. Not having to find space for the 4th wire loom, the fan and the capacitor was a welcome relief.

I raced it Sunday on a hot summer day in my BJ4 and it performed very well with the 'out of the box' settings and drag brake off. I never had any issues with thermaling or motor/esc temperatures were never an issue - even without a fan. Thanks Wyd - the gearing was spot on.

The Sidewinder 4600 seems to work a lot like a Novak 7.5 motor to me. Which is plenty fast for a relatively tight (28 second lap times) off road track.

My only complaint is that sometimes the system was not very responsive to corrections while my car was in the air. Even so, I didnt wreck more often than usual. I have already started to work on the programming and I fully expect it to work as good as my Novak systems next weekend.

Bottom line: For $140 the performance of this system is nothing short of astounding. I remember paying that for one lousy GTX esc 3 years ago.

I would definately recommend it to anybody considering a Novak or LRP system but doesnt have $250 lying around.

If they could just make a 3200 motor or something that runs like a 13.5 I would switch everything I have to Castle.
Glad you like it. Make sure you update your Sidewinder to the newest software when you get a chance. Should be 1.17v if my memory is correct. If you ever need more power the 5700 motor in a 4wd car is awesome with mad rip.

You could run the Tekin Redline 632 I think is a 3200 kv motor. It is 100% sensorless setup and all the Tekin sensorless Redline series motors will work perfectly with the Castle system.