R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-2
Thread: Mugen MTX-2
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2001, 09:40 AM
RAP66
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Servo Question

Good Q.... Well best I can sugges it how much do you want to spend because a good servo is gonna cost at least $40 and as high as $100+. I t mainly depends on the brand... SO that being said allow me to suggest that your steering servo be somewhere around these specs: .2 sec travel, 70oz torque. I think a servo ith these specs are the minimum...

For the price Hitec make some very affordable servos when you compare to KOPRopo, JR, Futaba, and Airtronics... I just got my car, and installed a Hitech 5645MG... (6v specs) 133oz/in .18 sec and it only set me back $50...

Now if you try and get a steering servo with similar specs (maybe a bit faster) like an Airtronics 158 or 258 expect at least $100.

Throttle servo you can use any standard servo, if you wan tot go a bit higher than that then maybe try one or 2 steps higher.... somewhere around 60-70oz torque and .2 sec should be more than adequate.

My choice of servos regardless of price

Hitec
KOPropo
JR
Airtronics
Futaba

SO.... check out the company websites and go from there... for a list of SOME servo specs... try here, the info is kinda dated but it does help out quite a bit.

http://rcvehicles.about.com/library/...ms=servo+specs

I hope this helps...

Rich

Originally posted by SHARP
This is not a specific to MTX-2 question but because you Mugen users are all so smart I decide to ask here. What servo do you use and what is it specs? What do you consider minimum speed and torque specs for steering and throttle? All helpful replies appreciated!