R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)
Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 PM
mrrcguy
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hungoverracer
RIGHT ON! What ever happen to the saying if you got nothing good to say then SHUT UP! This was a great event Don't cry if things did not go your way or if you felt that things should have been to your standards. I gave my time and effort to help make this better for everyone. Q spent more then 100 hours that week to make sure that everyone at the event had a good time and people are still complaining. GROW UP! This was about FUN and if you did not have fun it was by choice. IF you are one of the bashers of the event don't slander the staff of roar or any one that helped in making this a good event.
Originally Posted by #88driver
You tell him Chad. I can remember Q and I logged at least 20 hours of work the Monday and Tuesday before the event blowing off the track, hanging banners, making the seating chart, setting up tables and chairs, running cords and power strips, and roping off the parking lot for you guys, and I know Q, me, and many other helpful locals put in tons of work this past month getting ready for this event for TOY CARS!!!! I just wanted to say thanks to ROAR, the RMT(Ruben, Canyon, Adam, Billy) you guys did great. Thanks to all the locals such as myself(not trying to brag), Chad, Rob, Johnathan, Dad(John), etc. for helping out. Q, I thought you did great getting ready for this event and all togther, I enjoyed the experience. The least the rest of you people could do is say a simple thank you instead of complaining.
Alright guys. Check this. Your hearts are in the right place thats for sure. However, we have to try to keep our "hearts" in check when in comes to RC Tech and Racing in general.

I have had tons of calls and pm's and emails giving ample thanks to myself and to you guys "the satff" for the race as a whole. The thing is no matter how great an event is, any time there is competition there will always be opposition and disapointment from side to side. Thats just the nature of competition.

Now I must be honest and admit that I tend to be the worlds worst about taking things to heart when it comes to my (our) events, but in this case I realy think we can all relax. We did good, 99% percent of the people involved had a great time and want to come back; so its all good.

Honestly I could'nt be happier with the overall results of the event. Sure, we did'nt sell out, but damn $5/gallon deisel & $900 airline tickets! WTF?!?

It's all good! And we race again this Sunday!