R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 01:23 AM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by timmay70
I agree, but as long as people can't seem to understand the logic as to why it will not happen, or refuse to use the SEARCH feature of this site to see that it has been covered about bagillion times.... that corpse will continue to be flogged.
Agreed, but as a PETA member I'd like to substitute a fat RC guy for the horse

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
We are just barely starting to run 12th scale outdoors here in Houston and 4 cell, 17.5t brushless seems to be the choice. I've often wondered about 7.4v lipo and 21.5t though since the 17.5 is basically slower than a stock motor, a 21.5 has to be really slow.
For most racers the 17.5 is not slower than a 27t. Once you figure out that you have to gear it to the moon you will see that it is pretty close, or faster for most people. At National events where the Motor Dudes are doing their magic, then 27t has (up until now) been faster. Try BL rollouts in the neighborhood of 80 to 90 and see what you get.

Originally Posted by RC12
Hello, I just got an RC12L3 and would like to know what servo is the best for it? Also, is there any online shop that sells parts for the 12L3? Any suggestion on what foam tires to use on an asphalt (Medium) bite track? How about body for it? TIA
Servos: Futaba 9602, 9650, JR 3550, 3650, KO 949, 951. The new 951 is the strongest and fastest servo available.

I like Stormer for online sales

Pink rears and Purple fronts. Magenta fronts if you need more steering.
My favorite body is the Parma Speed 8 HD, or Speed 8 for stock or higher bite tracks.
There is also the Protoform Speed 12 and Speed 12b . Speed 12b is for stock or high bite tracks.