R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
My speed passion, hacker and novak's dont fit. I needed to remove the left pod plate every time.
Guess I'm special then. I'm able to get my Novaks into my BMI DB12R without removing anything. Couple that with the fact it is the closest thing to a "fall together" kit I've built...and I've built a LOT of different kits.

Simple fact, everybody has their favorites for one reason or another. Similarly, it plain isn't possible to buy a "bad" car. Especially if you're new to 1/12. It'll probably be a year or two before you're REALLY driving 1/12 at the level where the real differences between chassis and which one to pick that suits your driving style will really even start to show up.

Best bet, buy something with excellent parts support (CRC, BMI, Associated). All three of these have support from online retailers as well as VERY responsive company sites that sell direct (something not all 1/12 players can say). Again--in the right hands any of these three plus a few others (SM, Corally, etc) are capable of winning world championships. You plain cannot buy a bad car.