R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which one to buy slash or losi desert truck?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Miller_Time
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo
The Losi is just a XXXT with adifferent body and tires. The Traxxas is completely different than most of us are used to running. It has 3.5 inches of ground clearance and has handling charictaristics like the full scale truck. It appears to be more realistic.

I have been racing since 1980 and the Slash is just too much fun it brings back memories when the cars were slower and didn't handle like a Ferari.

I would highly recomend the Slash.
I agree completely with this. The Losi is just a slight mod of their race truggy, and so it looks and performs very similar. I'd say if you are considering the DT, just go ahead and get a XXXT and race in the truggie class.

The Slash is really unique - size, appearance, and performance. My personal opinion is that it's the most fun RC that has come out in a LONG time. They wouldn't really be much fun racing in a truggy class, but in a separate class they are a blast! I've entered three spec races so far on three tracks, and everyone has a great time with it.

If you're looking for a basher rather than a racer, I'd also suggest the Slash. It's unbelievably tough. Although if you want a basher you might want to look towards something faster out of the box, like a Rustler or Stampede VXL.