R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Benzaah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Ive got a couple of queries hopefully someone can help me out with. Ive got 3 Intellect 4600Mah stick packs atm and don't really want to spend any more cash on Nimh cells. I don't have the cash to splash out on new Lipo's yet either but down the track I think I will make the switch especially now the Yeah packs are available to suit the M03. I should have been more patient but I don't think many people could have foreseen how cheap some of these lipo packs would become. Anyway...

With these high voltage Nimh cells, I figure if the current drain is under 1500 Mah for one qualifier that I could get 2, possibly 3 qualifier's out of one 4600Mah pack? I would then have a fresh pack for the races and recharge the initial pack for the 3rd race. Obviously running 2 races on one pack would be a bit risky but shelling out another $55 for each extra pack isn't on my radar atm.

Also, do I need to worry about discharging my stick packs before i charge them back up? Will this shorten the life of the packs considerably? Is discharging absolutely necessary? Or can i just top them up after a single qualifier? Obviously I'm not worried about durability as the packs will be replaced in under 6 months time and if they get trashed this way then so be it. Or would it be worth my while picking up something like this Muchmore stick pack equalizer of ebay for around $50 as no one locally seems to know anything about them?

Advice would be appreciated. Cheers Benzaah